Contracts and Agreements

A contract or agreement must be used whenever your organization hires performers (such as musicians, speakers, DJs, or bands), service providers (such as catering, food trucks, or production companies), or facilities (such as banquet halls or hotels). Such arrangements are a legal obligation between the business or performer and RIT, and require the creation and signing of a RIT contract. This is even be applicable if they are performing for free.


In order to request a contract or agreement for your event to be created, please review the Contract & Agreement Procedures and complete the applicable Contract Request Form which can be found on the CCL Finance website.

Contract and Agreement Procedures

Students are not permitted to sign any contracts or agreements on behalf of the University or your organization.
University-based agreements must be used when a contract is required. The business or performer that you are contracting with may also have a document that needs to be signed. These documents must be submitted to the Center for Campus Life for review and can be uploaded on the Contract Request Form.
For some services, a formal university offer (bid) may need to be submitted. Clubs and organizations must never make an official financial offer on behalf of the University, or your organization, to bring a performer to campus.
Depending on the services being contracted, the University requires that contracted parties obtain an adequate amount of liability insurance to ensure the safety of your organization's activities. The performer or business will need to submit a Certificate of Liability with Rochester Institute of Technology included as additionally insured.
Other contracted services, such as catering or food trucks, may be required to submit additional documentation including copies of their health permits and catering permits.
Additional documentation that will be required in order to process payment include a completed W-9 form, RIT Supplier Set-Up Form, and for independent contractors, a Statement of Citizenship Form.
RIT employees, including student employees, may not eligible to perform or provide services as independent contractors. Please speak with the Senior Financial Assistant in the Tiger Suite who supports your organization.
In order to complete the contracting process and payment process in a timely manner, it is recommended that the Contract Request Form be submitted at least four weeks in advance of the performance date or event.