COVID Alert: Yellow - Changes for Student Clubs & Organizations
The RIT COVID Alert Level is still Yellow
This means that the prevalence of the COVID-19 virus is low, but indicators show potential for an increase in transmission. Modified protocols and expectations for in-person events will help to keep our community safe against the spread of COVID-19.
In light of the information shared by Dr. Munson's update Friday evening, the following changes have been made to club activity guidelines and the highlighted activities are suspended effective immediately:
- All off-campus events and activities are not permitted and these reservations will be canceled by the Student Events Management team.
- Non-academic indoor in-person events, meetings and activities are now limited to 10 people which includes event organizers and staff.
- Outdoor events will continue to adhere to the 50 percent capacity limit and will require participants to wear a mask and maintain six feet of physical distancing.
- Activities that are athletic in nature (dancing, volleyball, Frisbee, paintball, etc.) are not permitted and will be canceled for the next 10 days. This includes in-person practices, rehearsals, and activities.
- Attendance must be tracked for all student club and organization in-person events using the event on your CampusGroups page.
- Clubs and organizations are still able and encouraged to socialize and interact virtually.
Please update or cancel any events at https://reserve.rit.edu. You can also submit your virtual events and meetings there. If you have any questions or concerns, regarding an upcoming event, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
As we work to get back to green, please remember to:
- Practice the 3 W’s – Wear your mask, wash your hands, and watch your distance
- Complete the Daily Health Screen – Every day. Seven days a week.
- Check-in at all locations using the contact tracing QR codes
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms
- Report COVID-19 Protocol Violations
- Reaffirm your commitment to the RIT Ready Pledge
- Remain vigilant