Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) as saying, "Among the actions and good deeds for which a believer will continue to receive reward after his death are knowledge which he taught and spread, a good son whom he left behind, or a copy of the Qur'an which he left as a legacy, or a mosque he built, or a house which he built for the traveler, or a stream which he caused to flow, or a sadaqa (charity) which he gave from his property when he was alive and well, for which he will continue to receive reward after his death." (Ibn Majah and Baihaqi)
From the prayer room open for 4 of the 5 prayers of the day, to wudu' stations, halal food, holding Jumu'ah salah, the countless events, workshops, activities (like soup kitchens, orphanage visits, on-campus walks, Islamic informational material give aways, school supply give-aways etc.), tafseer sessions, and more – for years now, students have worked tirelessly, side by side with the Muslim Chaplain, to keep the spirit of Islam alive on campus by Allah's permission. These resources and activities can come with some pretty hefty price tags.
Below is a brief list of some of things we put our funds towards:
- Food and refreshments for events as well as General Body Meetings
- Supplies for on and off campus events and activities
- Supplies for the maintenance of the Prayer Room, Wudu' Stations
- Flights, meals, and hotel stays for speakers and invited guests
- Copies of Islamic informational material, including Translations of the Qur'an, and pamphlets, to be made available to the campus community for pickup.
- Water Bottles, T-Shirts, Wrist Bands and other commodities to be handed out with MSA labels as a form of PR
- Mass printing of event posters
- Providing relief aid
- And much more!
As an ummah (community), it is imperative for our very survival that we fund projects and organizations that are striving to build a unifying community. This is an opportunity to reap immense reward and benefit in this life and even after our times are up. Imagine the reward of helping to foster this brotherhood and sisterhood. Imagine the reward of being a part of this dream.