Rules and Guidelines
For the sake of your own enjoyment and for the enjoyment of those around you, please adhere to the following rules and guidelines while you are at the Cosplay Snow Festival.
- All attendees of the convention are to follow all local, state, and federal laws as well as the rules and regulations put forward by the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT).
- All attendees of the convention are expected to respect the authority of all staff and volunteers of the convention as well as both RIT’s campus security and uniformed officers. Staff also withholds the right to have the final say on any violation of convention rules/guidelines and can have a person ejected from the convention for any reason without refund.
- Behavior that tries to disrupt the safe environment of the convention will not be tolerated and will be dealt with according to Snow Festival staff and Campus security. If this behavior threatens the personal safety of another individual, you will be ejected from the convention and charges may be filled.
- Sexual fanservice of any kind is explicitly forbidden. This also includes attire that may otherwise be deemed inappropriate. In addition, all attendees must follow the Snow Festival Costume and Prop rules should they choose to cosplay in general.
- Alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs are not allowed on convention grounds or RIT as a whole. RIT’s campus security will be notified of infractions.
- Unauthorized solicitation is not allowed at the convention. This means no selling of goods, no signs, no panhandling, etc.
- All attendees of the convention are held accountable for their actions and also in regards to their own personal safety.
- Please strive to keep all aisles, halls and doorways clear of obstruction so that others may pass.
- Rollerblades, skates, skateboards, scooters, "wheelies" and bicycles are prohibited while in the convention area.
- Snow Festival staff are not liable for any missing belongings with exception to items being held in the Coat Check. Please keep a close eye on your possessions. If you should lose something please contact RIT public safety.
- Function rooms have a limited amount of space and it may become necessary to wait in line prior to entry into some events or areas. Please do not line up more than 30 minutes before an event. Disabled individuals, staff, on-duty volunteers, and convention guests are not required to wait in line.
- By attending the convention, all attendees also agree to the following: In valuable and good consideration of my engagement as a model (the Attendee), upon the terms herewith stated, I hereby give to Cosplay Snow Festival (the Photographer), its heirs, legal representatives and assigns, those for whom the Photographer is acting, and those acting with its authority and permission, my permission to license the content and to use the content in any media for any purpose (except pornographic or defamatory) which may include, among others, advertising, promotion, and marketing. I agree that the content may be combined with other images, text, graphics, film, audio, audio-visual works; and may be cropped, altered or modified. I acknowledge and agree that I have consented to publication.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact convention staff.