- If volunteering Saturday or Sunday, volunteers should go to the Sol Study room a few minutes before the start of their shift. If volunteering Monday through Friday, please go to the Ritter Ice Arena.
- Volunteers must check in with a Captain. Captains will assign tasks to volunteers based on preferences and needs for the day.
- Safety is our priority! All volunteers are required to wear close-toed shoes. Work gloves and vests will be provided.
- Interpreting services may be requested by volunteers for their shift through myaccess.rit.edu
Early in the week, volunteers will assist with sale set up. Later, they will help restock the sales floor, check out customers, and make deliveries.
- Volunteers that help until Monday, 8/19 at 3 pm will be invited to attend the exclusive pre-sale from 4 pm - 6 pm on Monday, 8/19.
- Volunteers that assist between Monday, 8/19 at 6 pm until Friday, 8/23 will receive $5 vouchers to the sale for each day they volunteer.
About Goodbye, Goodbuy!
Every year, RIT students throw out over 100 tons of goods during move-out. The following fall, incoming students purchase the same items. The cycle continues, and usable items sit in landfills. We set out to change this cycle, and reduce waste!
A Move-Out Collection, and a Move-In Sale
Spring Collection, May 1st - May 12th, 2019: Students donate their unwanted items as they move out. Collection points are located in dorm lounges and near dumpsters at RIT apartments. Items collected are appropriately sorted to be donated to local non-proifts or to be stored over the summer for the fall sale.
Fall Sale, August 20th - 23rd, 2019: The Goodbye, Goodbuy sale provides students with a variety of goods for thrift store prices. The proceeds from the sale go to funding Goodbye, Goodbuy! for the following year, and to other sustainability projects at RIT.
Questions? Contact email@example.com!